Monday, August 10, 2015

10 Things About Me (Part 1)

Happy Monday! I'm hopeful that today is treating my marvelous readers favorably! I've recently read through a few "10 Things About Me" posts, and I thought it was such a creative, captivating way to assist readers in getting to know their favorite bloggers! So as I begin to attempt to create my own space here in Blog World, I figured this would be an enjoyable method for me to introduce myself further to my readers!

Ok... Haven't even started and this is already harder than I thought. Why is it hard to come up with interesting, amusing facts about myself? Does that mean I'm boring? Maybe. Probably.

1) I've lived in 6 different states. I was born in Wyoming and moved to Kentucky when I was still relatively young. My family moved to Louisiana when I was 10, and then relocated to Florida when I was 14. After 2 years, we moved again (I was seriously annoyed at this point! Couldn't we just pick a place and stay?!) to Colorado. My parents finallllly decided that we could stay put for a while, and I'm so glad they did! Colorado is such a lovely place to live and raise a family! And our tap water is better than any other state's (which is obviously the most important thing).

2) I only have 1 sibling- my younger brother, Aidan. He was born when I was already 6, so there was a significant age gap between us when we were growing up. I was thrilled to have a baby brother, but I grew increasingly less impressed as he got older; we didn't necessarily get along too fabulously. In fact, he once wrote a paper in elementary school based around the theme that I was "clearly the worst sister ever." However, as we've gotten older, our relationship has improved, and I'm now happy to call him a friend! And my kiddos love their Uncle!

3) I have the WORST eating habits! I'm a habitual snacker, LOVE junk food/ fast food, & consider dessert one of my most essential food groups. I would happily survive off of Lean Pockets (the healthier version of Hot Pockets... I feel like that's probably an oxymoron) & Three Meat Pizza from Sams Club. Oh, and cereal? I have an embarrassingly unhealthy obsession with it. I really don't enjoy being a "grown up" and eating healthily, but I really do try (begrudgingly) for my kids. But be aware, while I'm eating baked tilapia, I'm craving a blizzard from Dairy Queen. I consistently workout throughout the week, but only so that I can splurge on a few of my favorite unhealthy treats with less guilt afterwards!


4) I have 7 tattoos. They're all small and somewhat discreet, but I love my ink! When I was in highschool, my mom & I loved to watch a show on TLC (yes, I watched TLC with my mom in highschool- I'm only now realizing how uncool that makes me) that centered around several tattoo artists & their tattoo parlor in Miami. It was something we bonded over, and ultimately led to our decision to get our first tattoos together when I was 17! Recently, my mom and I both returned to that same shop to receive new tattoos for her 50th birthday! All of my tattoos have a special significance or represent a meaningful experience in my life, and I genuinely don't regret any of them! PK & I have eventual plans to have new pieces done to represent autism awareness; hopefully that will be sooner rather than later!
Just a few of my tattoos! (Better Together/ Palm Tree on my hip, "Love" on my wrist, cross/ anchor/ heart on my shoulder blade, and a peace dove above my ankle)


5) Perhaps one of the most notable things about me is my faith & my relationship with Christ. While I believe one's religion is a complex concept, I will attempt to paraphrase and say that I'm simply grateful that God knows my heart! Other people may misunderstand my good intentions, judge my words, or find fault in my actions, but God knows that I'm continually learning & endlessly endeavoring to be all that He created me to be. Furthermore, I find so much peace in knowing that where I am today is no accident. God is using my family's situation to shape us and prepare us for the place that He wants to bring us into tomorrow! We can trust Him with His plan even if we don't always understand it. One thought that I habitually find myself struggling with is the picture in my head of how life was "supposed" to be. I wasn't supposed to be a special needs mom, my kids weren't supposed to contend with autism! But my faith gives me freedom from that internal battle! God has a reason for allowing things to happen. We may never understand His wisdom, but we simply have to trust His will. How comforting is it to know invariably that my God is bigger than my mess! When I find myself overwhelmed by the perpetual conflict of dealing with autism's obstacles, I can lift up a prayer and find myself surrounded by His tender mercies; I can rest in His grace & trust in His love!
And just because I love Tim Tebow almost as much as he loves Jesus... 

Okay, I'm apparently far too long-winded to publish all 10 facts in one post! I will reveal the last 5 facts later this week. As always, thanks for reading & be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Love all of these! And I can probably relate most with the junk food/snacking. GUILTY of that too! ;)

    ReplyDelete