Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you've all been abundantly, fabulously blessed throughout the week- I certainly have! Like last Friday, I'll be linking up with a few of my favorite bloggers, Andrea, Erica & Narci, for Friday Favorites. It's a special opportunity for me to share a fun selection of my preferred, pleasant experiences from the week. If you have a blog, feel free to visit any of the bloggers I previously mentioned and utilize their "link up" option.

Swimming is this pretty girl's favorite!
This week we made it a priority to enjoy a great deal of time at the park and our pool! I regrettably admit that occasionally I find myself lacking the energy, or the enthusiasm, to bring my kids to the park. It's not necessarily a relaxing activity, but it's one they undoubtedly appreciate & adore. I'm attempting to consciously try to not let my intermittent weariness hinder my kids from having a fulfilling, entertaining summer. As for the pool, it's a fun family activity for everyone involved! I'm so grateful that our neighborhood has such a beneficial amenity. The water is FREEZING, but it doesn't seem to deter Mason or Brooke. My 2 big kids have spent a significant portion of their summer break in speech therapy, so I'm appreciative that we have a convenient, delightful activity for them to actively enjoy so close to home.
 Attempting to balance on this tiny blue bar at the park was deceptively challenging- except for Mason, who was a pro!
Having fun at the park is one of Emmy Kate's favorites!

It should be undeniably discernible that this guy is one of very favorites! On Thursday he charmingly cleaned himself up (looking undoubtedly dapper!) and endured an arduous interview for a desirable promotion at work. I'm remarkably proud of my handsome man; he diligently, enthusiastically, & meticulously prepared himself for this interview & I'm eagerly expecting success for my exceptionally qualified, knowledgeable, resourceful husband! PK was only 18 when we found out we were expecting Mason. Not many young men would have the drive, or maturity, to actively pursue a career to sufficiently provide for their unexpectedly growing family at that age. But PK did! And his intelligence, ambition, & initiative continues to impress everyone around him as he continually surpasses expectations at work. If you feel compelled, say a prayer that he is accepted for this beneficial promotion.
While Daddy was at his interview, I took the kiddos to their very favorite place: ChickFilA!

Casting Crowns new song, "Just Be Held" is my new favorite! If you frequently listen to Christian music, you're probably familiar with the group, Casting Crowns. They're regularly one of my most preferred groups to listen to as their lyrics are SO powerfully relevant. Their most recent release reminds us that we're not required to always be strong when we're facing the challengingly difficult, disappointing aspects of our life without a clear solution. We're allowed to handover our fears & worries to God and simply "be held." There is freedom to be found when we can surrender our stress & anxieties to God! No matter what lies ahead of us, God is already there. What a dynamic, impressively reassuring reminder!

Thanks for visiting the blog & discovering a few of our Friday Favorites. Have a splendid weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment