Wednesday, August 5, 2015

My Family


 
PK & Meghan
PK (short for Patrick) and I met & fell in love when we were both 18. I was a college freshman, and we met through a mutual friend. The timeline of our love story is a little non-traditional: When I was only 19, we found out we were pregnant. A year later, we got married (10-10-10) & found out we were expecting again. By the time we were 21, we were married & had 2 small kids. It wasn't necessarily the life we had expected, but we were beautifully blessed! We faced some major bumps along the way and overcame some unpleasant obstacles, but we're now a family of 5 and embrace the mantra of "Better Together".

"It's not always easy & sometimes life can be deceiving. But I'll tell you one thing: it's always better when we're together..." -Jack Johnson

Patrick has a job in technical support at an online marketing firm, and I am SO fortunate to be a stay-at-home mom! I'm eternally grateful to be married to such a hardworking, selfless, responsible man! He takes fabulous care of his family & spoils us endlessly with his time & energy!


 Mason Cole
May 1st, 2010

My handsome first-born. You introduced Daddy & me to parenthood much sooner than we anticipated. But God knew when we needed you! Your red hair & dimples make you undeniably adorable, and your joyful smile & laugh  are noticeable to anyone who encounters you. You're such a happy, curious, adventurous, smart, sweet boy! You love music, pancakes, Playdough, and Yo Gabba Gabba. While you may have autism, you are not letting that define you. Your continuous ability to learn & progress, despite the obstacles you face, impresses everyone! We're so proud of you.

Brooke Adalynn
May 12, 2011

My beautiful Birdie. I know I'm biased, but you are undeniably stunning. Dark eyes, sweet little curls, perfect skin- you're our modern-day Snow White. Your perfect, precious smile isn't as common as your brother or sister's, so its so special to us when we experience your joy! You love My Little Pony and could line-up & sort your toys all day long. You pay extra-close attention to detail and give amazing "squeeze hugs".  You stay-up way past your bedtime, sleep-in late, and love to eat chocolate. Even though your autism has prevented you (so far, but not for long!) from talking to us, you sing the sweetest nursery rhymes (Twinkle Twinkle, Oh Mr. Sun, Row Row Row Your Boat). I hoped & prayed for a little girl, and you were my perfect answered prayer!

Emmy Kate
January 10, 2014

My perfect Emmy Kate. You were the baby I didn't know I needed! You have been the ideal (last) addition to our family. Even though you're tiny, your personality is SO big & fun- you're  silly & sweet & indisputably cute! Watching you learn & progress on an appropriate timeline has been a blessing I can't even articulate. I'm SO thrilled to see you develop into a smart, spunky, sassy (diva!) little girl. You love to eat & don't care for TV yet. You still suck your thumb (it's adorable!), and you need your "lovey" (ahem.. my robe!) to sleep. For 3 years, my journey through motherhood was focused solely on understanding & overcoming autism (and that's okay!), but your existence  has allowed me to experience a different aspect of motherhood. Thank you for that. Forever, thank-you.

No comments:

Post a Comment