Friday, August 28, 2015

Friday Favorites: Back to School Edition

 
Happy Friday!  My initial goal was to have this post published much earlier this morning, but I'm still attempting to find a balance between being a mom/ wife/ student/ blogger. Unfortunately, when I get excessively busy, the only thing I can responsibly procrastinate is this blog. As we eventually settle into our new school schedule, I'm sure I'll find a more effective routine that is more conducive to blogging! It's technically Friday (for just a few hours) as I sit down to write this post, so I'll still label this post as my Friday Favorites & I'll link up with the lovely Andrea, Narci, & Erika.

This week was a big week for the Moellman family: PK & I started our college courses on Monday, and Mason began kindergarten on Wednesday! To commemorate this special season of our family's life, we made sure to enjoy a variety of our favorite things throughout the week!

On Sunday afternoon, we dropped off Emmy at Gigi's house & took our big kids to the local indoor pool; Mason & Brooke positively adore swimming & playing in the water! We enjoyed floating along together in the lazy river, and Mason was thrilled to slide down the water-slide countless amounts of times!
  Experiencing this boy's joy as he plummeted down the water-slide was my favorite!

Tuesday afternoon we piled into the car & traveled to one of our family's favorite places: Jumpin'! (an indoor inflatable play area). Whenever we've come here in the past, challenging chaos has inevitably ensued while attempting to chase our 3 crazy enthusiastic kids around. However, this visit included 3 joyfully ecstatic children who behaved wonderfully! Copious amounts of fun were had by everyone involved, including Mom & Dad.   

After spending the beginning half of the week excitedly celebrating his upcoming adventure, Mason finally started kindergarten on Wednesday morning! I experienced a multitude of mixed emotions as I prepared to leave my handsome boy for his first day of school: anticipation, sadness, joy, satisfaction, and even gratification. It hasn't been an easy journey to get where we are today, but we did it! Mason has triumphantly overcome a myriad of challenging obstacles throughout the past 5 years, and I'm confident he is capable of infinite successes as he embarks on this new adventure.

I discovered this poem on Pinterest & felt like it summed up my thoughts & reflections perfectly!
Here a few of my favorite pictures from Mason's first week of kindergarten!
He looked SO handsome!
Before school, I took Mason on a breakfast date to his favorite donut place: Lamars! This kid loves donut holes! 
Walking in to his new school & sweetly sitting at his desk!
Day 2!

Mason will be attending an autism-centered class; there are several kids of different ages, all with autism, in his class. As he continues to learn & progress, he has the opportunity to spend increasing amounts of time integrating with the "standard" kindergarten class. So far, he's done appropriately well acclimating to his new environment & sufficiently communicating with his teachers !
While Mason was actively enjoying his first week of kindergarten, we were occupied getting Brooke (our favorite middle daughter!) prepared for preschool! We attended a Meet the Teacher event at her school, had a meeting with her new teacher in our home, and did plenty of shopping for new school clothes!
Brooke enjoying her favorite puzzle at the Meet the Teacher function at her pre-school
She may have an adequate amount of new outfits for the new school year! Shopping for my beautiful girl is my favorite!
Although I'm sure most of my lovely readers wont have the opportunity to browse this post until Saturday, thanks for reading along & perusing my Friday Favorites! Have a marvelous weekend, friends!

Just for fun, as we celebrate Mason's kindergarten kickoff, here's a flashback to my first day of kindergarten! My hair was AWFUL, but I was already a fabulous poser! (;






No comments:

Post a Comment