Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday: High School Edition



Hey friends! Today I'll be linking up with one of my very favorite blogging mommas: Andrea! Twice a month she hosts a "linky party" where any blogger can join in on the discussion of a pre-arranged topic regarding themselves, their family, or their home. Today the link-up conversation is centered around "Who we were in highschool." Sounds fun, right?? Feel free to grab the image & link up, as well.

I had to go back and search my old Myspace profile for pictures to include in this post. Does anyone remember Myspace?! It was the equivalent to Facebook while I was in high school. Lots of drama & anticipation stemmed from it's particular method of displaying your friends: The Top 8! Needless to say, a significant amount of my time during high school was spent browsing ( & stalking!) on Myspace.

So who was I in high school? I was the loud, obnoxious redhead who loved being goofy with my friends! I had a nose-piercing & 2 tattoos- I obviously thought I was cool (;
High school selfies, big sunglasses & nose-piercings: pretty typical.
Getting my first tattoo a few weeks before my senior year started
Showing off the new tattoo I had done with my friends for my 18th birthday

I attended 2 different high schools; I had to transfer to a new school when my family relocated from Florida to Colorado during the spring semester of my sophomore year. Throughout high school, I never participated in any team sports or musical clubs; I severely lacked any athletic ability or musical talent! Instead, I focused on my academic performance & enjoying the company of my friends/ family. I also spent a fairly significant amount of time baby-sitting. Not only was it my main source of income, I genuinely enjoyed being surrounded by little kids. While in highschool, I decided I wanted to eventually become a teacher. I enrolled in the Early Childhood Education courses that my high school offered, and I was given the beneficial opportunity to become a student teacher at a local elementary school. I sincerely appreciated the time I spent shadowing the teacher of a 3rd grade class; it was entertaining & I gained an abundance of valuable knowledge. I also began working in the daycare of my family's church during my junior year. It was a job I legitimately adored. I was fortunate enough to work alongside fabulous coworkers and encountered the sweetest little ones; I made innumerable lasting relationships & cherished memories.
Here I am with my 3rd-grade class during Field Day
Working at church with one of my favorite friends & 2 sweet kiddos

I can honestly say I had a terrific group of friends in high school. Whether we were eating Ramen & Totinos Pizza for lunch while watching The Tyra Show, annoying our history teacher by chatting too much during class, or accidentally spraying a group of random guys with pepper spray in the mall parking lot (oops!), we were always having fun. We took way too many goofy selfies,  loved getting dressed up for our high school's dances, and had countless sleepovers that would inevitably include staying up late gossiping & being silly. I'm eternally grateful for the lovely memories I made with my sweet friends during high school.
 The "Lauren" to my "Lo" (you'll only understand this reference if you were as obsessed with MTV's The Hills as we were!)
 Please tell me you were as embarrassingly goofy & immature as we were in high school!




I hope you enjoyed my Show & Tell of high school memories and flashbacks. I'm fortunate to say that I had a very positive high school experience, full of laughs & pleasant memories. However, I can confidently say that High School Meghan had NO inclination what her future held. While the reality of my adulthood has been drastically different than I had imagined as a young girl, I'm still confident that my future is bright! The countless possibilities I envisioned in high school for myself & my family are still available (and attainable!) to us now. The future depends on what we do today; we are what we choose to become, even when we encounter unexpected obstacles & challenges along the way. 

4 comments:

  1. Just found ya from the link up!! Don't worry I was definitely in that same weird immature boat haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found you blog via the link up!! Love the name! And this post! I seriously lol'd over the Lauren/Lo comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I appreciaate that! (: And I'm glad someone knew what I was talking about!

      Delete